Trafford School Sports Partnership (SSP) is a collaboration between The Dean Trust Ashton on Mersey and Flixton Girls School and has been working with and supporting schools in Trafford since 2005. Trafford SSP aims to ensure that all young people across the borough have access to High Quality PE and School Sport in order to help create and sustain a sporting legacy within schools across Trafford.
The School Sport Partnership does this by working alongside schools to:
- Raise standards in Physical Education and offer guidance to all schools in Trafford to help them deliver and achieve High Quality PE.
- Deliver the Government’s National strategy for School Sport – ‘The School Games’ across all schools at the local level in Trafford.
- Deliver a comprehensive programme of competitive, non-competitive and fully inclusive school sport opportunities for all school aged children in Trafford presenting them with the opportunity to achieve and excel.
- Support Primary Schools in investing their Sport Premium funding to obtain maximum benefit to curriculum PE, extra-curricular school sport, their pupils and staff.
- Promote and encourage health and physical activity initiatives for all school aged children across the borough.
Trafford School Sport Partnership membership is open to all Infant, Junior and Primary schools in Trafford and is continuously evolving to help meet and address the needs of these schools.
The work of the Trafford School Sports Partnership is led by two School Games Organisers:
North Trafford (Flixton, Old Trafford, Stretford, Urmston)
Kay Statham based at Flixton Girls School
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel:- 0161 912 2949
South Trafford – (Altrincham, Hale, Sale, Partington, Timperley)
Chris Dyson based at The Dean Trust Ashton on Mersey School
Email: – email@example.com
Tel:- 0161 973 1179